A self-proclaimed antivaxxer has gone viral soon after she filmed herself LICKING items at a supermarket in an effort to prove that COVID-19 ‘isn’t a big deal’.
Jodie Meschuk, who claims she cured autism, posted a since-deleted video to Instagram where she attempted to educate her followers about the spread of disease.
Meschuk was filmed licking several items in the grocery store including a shopping cart, produce bags and the door handle of a beer fridge.
‘Germs fortify your immune system. Exposure to germs builds defenses against asthma and allergies. Microbes help digestion,’ Meschuk captioned the footage.
She also told her followers to ‘be free,’ likely suggesting that coronavirus mandates restrict freedoms and to have ‘love over fear, not law’.
Meschuk is believed to live in Colorado, however it is unclear where the clip was filmed.
The licking video has been removed from Meschuk’s Instagram page. We still not sure if she took it down, or if Instagram removed the video themselves. DailyMail.com reached out to her for comment.
According to her social media accounts, Meschuk lives a ‘holistic lifestyle’ and provides information about quantum medicine to her 17,000+ followers.
Her posts address hot-button issues such as the coronavirus, vaccines, racism in America and religion.
She also wrote a book titled Autism Reimagined where she allegedly explains how to ‘reverse the diagnosis’.
Meschuk is not the first person to make headlines for licking items in a grocery store.
There were several licking instances in 2020 at the height of the first wave of COVID:
- A California woman was arrested after she allegedly licked a cart full of groceries.
- A Missouri man was filmed licking bottles on a grocery store shelf in a video shared to social media.
- A South Carolina woman was arrested for allegedly licking her hands and touching food items and surfaces at a grocery store and sandwich shop.
- A supermarket in Pennsylvania was forced to throw away $35,000 worth of food after a woman deliberately coughed over it in a twisted coronavirus prank.
- A man was arrested after he allegedly licked cereal boxes at an Australian supermarket during the height of the coronavirus pandemic.
The first licking incident to go viral occurred in 2019, pre-virus, when a Texas woman was filmed licking a tub of Blue Bell ice cream in a local Walmart and placing it back on the shelf.
The wild act inspired a challenge where teens dash into stores and run their tongues on cartons of ice cream.
Source : dailymail